Students will design a video game on Google Slides™ using just the copy, paste and even the fill tool. Students will also create an online game shop mock up product page for their video game and write a persuasive paragraph and tagline to “sell” their game!
Plus, the entire slideshow is EDITABLE so you can customize the text and images to fit your students’ needs.
- Blank Google Slides templates for students to create their own unique retro-video game levels
- Customizable items and level design decor pieces to copy & paste to create a huge variety of levels.
- Clear student directions with tips and samples right in the slideshow.
Technology Skills Practiced:
- using text boxes
- cut & paste
- using the fill tool
- order of objects
- selecting and dragging
- scrolling between slides
- following directions
ISTE Student Standards:
1.6 Creative Communicator Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
1.6.b Students create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations.
MORE VIDEO GAME THEMED ACTIVITIES:
- Text Art Coding Video Game Theme
- Video Game Escape Room Keyboarding on Google Slides + Printable
- Video Game Pixel Art Reveal – Addition & Subtraction
- Video Game Craft & Coding Activity: One Page Craft & Writing Prompt
- Video Games Pixel Art Magic Reveal – Multiplication & Division
- Design Your Own Video Game Technology Activity on Google Slides
MORE DIGITAL DIGITAL “CREATE-A-_____” ACTIVITIES: