Need a no prep snowman one-page craft for after winter break? This cute winter Code a Craft is easy, engaging, and exposes elementary students to beginning coding concepts and domain-specific technology vocabulary, too! And it’s perfect for a Snowman winter themed bulletin board in the computer lab or classroom!
This is an unplugged, printable, craft – no coding or tech needed!
- 1 page printable with all craft pieces for students to color, cut & assemble
- 1 student direction page with directions written in a block code style
- 1 How to Code a Snowman poem featuring coding & tech vocabulary
- 1 writing prompt with 2 choices of writing paper
- 1 page of vocabulary words with definitions
How Does it Work?
- Students read* the “code” direction page to color, cut, and assemble their craft.
- An example of the craft is right on the page for students to reference.
- Students glue their craft to the poem sheet, read the poem, and highlight the technology words in the poem.
- Students complete the writing prompt.
Teaching Multiple Grade Levels? Easy to Differentiate:
- Kindergarten: Teacher reads poem and directions, students complete craft
- Grades 1-2: Teacher reads poem and directions, student completes craft & writing prompt
- Grades 3-4: Students independently read poem, highlight tech vocab words, then complete craft & writing prompt.
Tech Vocab Featured in The Poem:
(with student-friendly definitions included):
- style attribute
- hex code
- drag & drop